OUR SUITE OF CLIENT SERVICES INCLUDES:
- Water – Applications for an defense of direct flow and storage water rights, well permits, well sharing agreements, augmentation and exchange plans, instream flows, recreational in-channel diversions, state and federal water projects, and related services.
- Real Estate – Real estate contracts, including houses and condominiums, ranch lands, manufactured homes, fractional ownership interests, water rights, ditch and reservoir company shares; all manner of real estate instruments, including purchase and sale agreements, promissory notes, deeds, deeds of trust, and mortgages; seller-carry financing and private lending; mechanics’ and other liens; foreclosure; subdivision and land use approval; rights-of-way and easements; boundary disputes; conservation easements; subdivisions; and homeowners association formation and instruments.
- Business – General counsel services; entity formation, governance, and liability protection; articles of organization, bylaws, and operating agreements; and shareholder rights.
- Probate and Estate Planning – Wills, trusts, powers of attorney, advance directives and living wills, trust administration and probate, ancillary probate, and small estate administration.
- Government – Federal, state, and local administrative and regulatory law; public entity, district, homeowners association, and property owners association governance and general counsel; and risk management.
- Utilities – Public water and wastewater utilities, rural electric cooperatives, private and public water and wastewater utilities.
- Professional Association/State Board/Attorney Regulation Counsel complaints and proceedings
- Professional Liability Defense/Actions
- Alternative Dispute Resolution - Mediation and negotiation services.
- Governmental transparency - Freedom of Information Act and state records act services, including drafting and managing records requests, administrative appeals, and litigation in state and federal court.
- Environment and Natural Resources – Advice and litigation related to water quality, air quality, natural resources, public lands, wildlife, endangered species, and resource conservation issues, and National Environmental Policy Act.
- Other Services: This list is a representative sample. If you don't see a particular service here, give us a call for a consultation. We will let you know whether we can assist you and provide referrals where needed.
- Review and preparation of purchase and sale agreements, lending and related instruments, and other transactions throughout southwest Colorado;
- Advice and litigation concerning property boundary, easement, contract, lender liability, and derivative disputes for public and private clients in La Plata, Montezuma, Archuleta county district courts and U.S. District Courts;
- Adjudication of water rights cases throughout southwest Colorado for public and private clients, including negotiations with state and division engineers and other parties concerning administration of various streams, projects and water rights;
- Advice concerning statutes for special districts, water conservancy districts, open meetings and open records requirements; utility franchises, and public contracting and requisition;
- Advice to rural electric cooperatives concerning easement authority and disputes, customer complaint adjudications, and authority to petition Colorado PUC to regulate certain activities of generation and transmission associations;
- Advice to municipalities and private hot springs facilities concerning water rights, discharge permit regulations and application, and easement disputes;
- Testimony before Colorado Senate Committee for Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Energy concerning legislation to reduce burden of nutrient regulations on rural entities;
- Colorado and New Mexico water quality regulation administrative hearings for nutrient standards, impairment listings, and basin standards, including coordination with various affected public entities in southwest Colorado; and
- Advice to Native American tribe’s water quality program, including drafting comments to Colorado Water Quality Control Commission and EPA concerning proposed regulations and assisting in drafting tribe’s water quality standards, anti-degradation review policy, 401 certification procedures, Clean Water Act treatment as a state application, and cooperative agreement with EPA concerning Gold King Mine spill response.
Animas River, Durango, Colorado